Shop by Winery/Brewery:






Accept Credit Cards


  Home >

Pio Cesare Barbaresco DOCG 2015 (Piedmont, Italy) - [JS 95] [RP 92+]
Pio Cesare Barbaresco DOCG 2015 (Piedmont, Italy) - [JS 95] [RP 92+]


 
Retail Price: $89.00
PRE ORDER PRICE: $74.97
You save $14.03!
Winery: Pio Cesare
Varietal: 100% Nebbiolo
Region: Piedmont, Italy
Vintage: 2015
Bottle Size: 750 mL

Product Code: PIOCESAREBARBARESCO15-W
Qty:

Press / Wine Critic's Reviews
 
PRE-ORDER

6-PACK PRICE = $72.99 per bottle (add 6+ quantity to your basket)
CASE PRICE = $69.99 per bottle (add 12+ quantity to your basket)

Notes from the Winemaker:

A very classic Barbaresco, elegant with ripe and spicy fruit, great depth and complexity. The mild and ripe tannins provide this wine with gentleness and finesse, but also strength and opulence. Very long ageing potential.

VINEYARDS: Sourced exclusively from Pio Cesare Family owned vineyards: the famous "Il Bricco" Estate and the great hill of San Stefanetto, both located in the village of Treiso.

VINIFICATION:
Fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. Skin contact for 20 days.

AGING:
35% of the wine is aged in French oak barriques (one third new) for 30 months. The remaining 65% spends 3 years in French oak casks, 20 to 50 hectoliters each.

Ratings & Reviews

95 Points - James Suckling:
"A dense and layered red with plums, dried orange and lemon peel and a long and flavorful finish. Beautiful. Such impressive layers and a fantastic finish. Very exciting. Love the length. Available in February 2019. Drink in 2020, but already beautiful." - (28 Aug, 2018)

92+ Points - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate:
The Pio Cesare 2015 Barbaresco offers a mid-weight approach and a solid core of fruit. That dark fruit center is surrounded by supple but delicate tones of exotic spice, smoke, tar, licorice and crushed stone. This is a fragrant and elegant expression that drinks beautifully straight out of the gate. This is a classic Barbaresco with an easy and approachable personality. Production is 25,000 bottles strong." - Monica Larner (28th Jun 2019)



Share your knowledge of this product with other customers... Be the first to write a review